Ms. Kirby has practiced law since 2004 and joined the firm in 2007. She represents clients in United States and foreign patent and trademark prosecution, with particular involvement in disputed trademark matters and international protection of marks. She is a shareholder of the firm.
Ms. Kirby is experienced in trademark litigation in the courts and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and assists in patent litigation. Her patent experience has primarily been in the mechanical and general arts. She has shared her expertise in a CLE seminar entitled A Primer on Copyright and Trademark Law.
Ms. Kirby is licensed in Wisconsin, various federal courts, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
- B.A. (Biology with Chemistry emphasis), 2001, St. Norbert College
- Doctor of Laws, 2004, Valparaiso University School of Law
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- American Chemical Society